Saturday, March 13, 2010

Update from Carl 3-13

Hi,

After 36 hours without much if any sleep I have made it to Jerusalem and the hotel Prima Kings Hotel. I was amazed that the driver actually was at the airport at 4:00 am. It was a thrilling ride through thick fog from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. To use frequent flyer miles I arrived a day ahead of the Exploritas group and so am sort of here on my own. The hotel does not seem to be near a retail district but as this is Saturday, most things are closed anyway. I tried lunch at the hotel but they wanted to charge me $50.00 for a buffet. I had a candy bar that was transported all the way from the US instead. My group rate starts tomorrow and meals are included. The attached pictures are of the hotel and a stone windmill that is next door. It was built by the Jewish English Baronet Moses Montefiore in the 1800's to promote industry in Israel.

All the best

Carl

No comments: